Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Movie Review - Shutter Island (2010)

Alright, I have a decent movie for you all…. Shutter Island (2010), this movie is classified as a psychological thriller. I can say it was and probably considered a mind bender !?! You WILL NEED to watch this flick twice. Come to think, it actually reminded me of Total Recall (1990) -with its complex themes of simulated reality.


If I actually provided a summary, it would spoil the plot but I will say... you will be pleasantly surprised. A short synopsis; the story follows a US Marshall and his partner investigating the mysterious disappearance of a dangerous mental patient from an ‘Alcatraz like' mental hospital located on an island.


This movie is directed by Martin Scorsese and he did a fine job. I found that there were many scenes along with the musical score that had ‘Hitchcock’ written all over it. I knew at the least the story would be fantastic given the director’s past accomplishments. The only thing I wasn’t sure about was the star role played by Leonardo DiCaprio. Within minutes of viewing, that thought disappeared and by the end of the movie I arrived at a new outlook for his acting.


I would recommend you watch this movie. It may not be a scary gory zombie flick but it thrilled me to the point that I didn’t realize that the movie was 2 hours long. The genre of this film is not typically something I would view. With that said, I can’t think of anything bad to say nor can I really suggest on things to improve. I rate it 9/10. You should watch if your fan of Hitchcock like I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment