Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Movie Review - American Zombie (2007)


I just finished watching “American Zombie” (2007). I wasn’t sure about this movie or what to expect, thought it would suck but it managed to surprise me. The movie itself is done in a ‘mokumentary’ documentary style, which you do have to keep in mind. It is really not a movie but it does capture the drama of the camera/sound/interview crew too as they film their documentary.

The basic premise is that there are zombies around and that they are living among us. ( I don’t sense it being a commentary to society as in Dawn of the Dead but it's open to interpretation). They are rather intelligent and can hold a job too. It’s more of a satirical look into the zombie genre.

The interviews follow about 3-4 zombie characters and have them discuss their challenges with daily life (almost like they are handicapped).
I won’t go on and ruin the ending but it is ends in an ironic note.

All in all, I found the movie to touch base on a few of the stereotypical themes of the zombie genre while presenting them in a serious yet humorous manner. If you like zombies like I do- you will enjoy it even though it is more of a documentary and not a gore fest.

For curiosity and a fan of the genre I highly recommend viewing this movie. If anything it may provide a different spin on ‘what if’ they were living among us and civilized.

Any Thoughts ?
Darkman Almighty

No comments:

Post a Comment