Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Movie Review - Severed (2005)


I just finished watching "Severed" (2005) last night. Not bad, not bad. The actual title is listed as "Severed: Forest of the Dead". This would imply to me that it might include ghosts but I knew this was a zombie flick. It’s best to free your mind of any ideas about what it might be about. This is why I refrain from looking them up on IMDB (internet movie database) first.

The story line is simple and borderline cliché -while still being original. Premise is; scientists pump trees full of chemicals to increase production for clear cutting but the sap oozing and creates reanimation with dead lumberjacks.

The gore was excellent, good scenes, good ambiance and good times. The zombies were in their true form (NOTLD style) and the characters were a-l-r-i-g-h-t. I think they could have done a little more with the story line as it had potential. I wonder if there is a sequel around ?

The movie seems to have influences from the Dawn of the Dead series, and maybe a twinge of 28 days later. I don’t know? I could be wrong. I can't really say that the movie was a comment on society with respect to the forestry industry but there were some obvious overtones.

I think in the end I would recommend seeing this movie if anything for the gore. Well done.
I give it 7/10. Any one seen this little gem ???

No comments:

Post a Comment