Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Book Review - Terminator Salvation: From the Ashes


I just finished reading “Terminator Salvation: From the Ashes”. Yes, I’m a big fan of the Terminator franchise. I have the sequel book next to read. This book was decently written. The intention is to read the book before watching the movie, sadly I never knew it existed until after. With that said my thoughts on the book are a little jaded.

The story opens following different factions of survivors in Los Angeles and shows the early roles that John Connor and his crew originated from. It also explores how Kyle Reese and Star ended up staying in LA and their role with the resistance.

I can see this book providing a bit of a ‘back story’ and shows some character development but it would seem that it only takes about 6-8 months back from the movie. It was a very simple and obvious plot line that lined the characters up for the movie. I found the ending to be dull, I did have more questions because the book and movie leaves me hanging. I would have wanted a full prequel from say the start of Judgment day or something longer back that explores the trials and tribulations of Skynet Central and the Resistance / Army in their efforts to gain control.

I did enjoy the book for what it was. Great imagery on the battle sequences with the T600's. I was wondering why there wasn’t reference of any fancy Skynet creations. The author only chose a specific event to focus on. All in all, I would recommend reading this book. I do rate it 7/10 because it had potential to be better but as a fan, it should be added to your summer reading list.

No comments:

Post a Comment