Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Movie Review - The Terminal Man (1974)

I just viewed “The Terminal Man” (1974) thinking it was scifi. Yeah, I was a little off. It wasn’t too bad. I mean, you have to keep in mind the year in which it was made in. The book of the same name was published in 1972 by Michael Crichton.

The story involves a man; Harry Benson, who is involved in an accident and receives some sort of head trauma. He is never the same. Harry now suffers from seizures which make him go into a fit of rage and become very violent. Recently he has been locked up for his crimes but released to a doctor for treatment. He has been chosen to be the first in an experiment in which they will implant computer sensory devices in his head. This is to help control the fits he has. His brain soon learns to overcome the electronic suppression and provides him with small windows of madness in which he escapes and kills again.

Too many things have gone bad when computers are integrated with the human psyche.

I had to keep watching to see where this was going. It was very slow in setting up but once it got going it kept my attention.

The acting wasn’t too bad, could always be better. It was an interesting concept but the movie played out just a little too weak for my liking. Maybe it’s just me but, I would not recommend seeing this little jem. I rate this film 4.5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment