Total Pageviews

Monday, April 12, 2010

Movie Review - Lifeforce (1985)


I thought I would switch it up and view a science fiction movie. What a surprise, it's also classified as horror too! I have to admit, I felt a bit confused; it was like “2001 Space Odyssey” meets “Fright Night” with a twinge of “28 Days”. The title is called “Lifeforce” (1985).


The basic premise is like this: a group of 3 ‘space vampires’ (2 guys and 1 girl who are enclosed is glass like coffins) who are awaken by a space exploration team near Halley’s Comet. They then ‘feed’ on most of the ship crew-all but one and are some how are brought back to earth. On earth, the space officials are trying to solve the mystery of why the space craft was almost blown up, track down the vampires, and kill them. While the space vampires are being tracked down, they of course are feeding on multiple victims. The feeding is not in the traditional sense that one would expect from a vampire but rather orally-sucking some sort of electrical ‘life-force’ from the unsuspecting victims. (It actually reminds me of how the Wraith from “Stargate: Atlantis” suck life from a person too.) The Space Vampires seem to feed to the point that the hosts are reduced to skeletons but some how only have 2 hours of life before turning into dust. In some cases, victims were zombiefied and crazed while passing on their vampire tendencies.


The special effects aren’t too bad for what is was. I do like the skeletons; a little blood splattering here and there was good. Not a big budget film and it shows. All in all it was a good mix. I don’t think I would really recommend this film, but I would suggest watching if your fan of horror. I give this movie 3/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment