Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Movie Review - The Unborn (2009)


I think something should be said about new horror, been there done that. With that said, I just finished watching “The Unborn” (2009). This movie is categorized as a supernatural-horror thriller. I don’t normally watch this sub genre that much as I like zombies but also because it is new.


Although the plot line seems unique to me, it is very reminisant of the new horror-thrillers that are being produced in the last decade. The special effects were okay, kind of reminded me again of few other movies I had seen in the past. I wasn’t entirely convinced by this movie and I though why… the answer is because it seems to play out to perfect. I wouldn’t entirely say it was predictable but again; there was a certain ‘Déjà vu’ attached to it that I couldn’t shake.


The story is this; a girl is being haunted by a demon, she researches and finds out it drove her mother to suicide. She meets her grandmother who tells her the background about the demon and the connection with the family. She later finds out she is a twin and this demon has a hard on for twins (as do I). In an effort to rid herself of the demon she contacts a rabbi. The ending is what you would expect, complete with an exorcism and demon battle which everyone dies. To add insult to injury she finds out her bastard boyfriend knocked her up with twins... I'm sorry to say I think this movie will live on in a sequel.


This movie kept my attention but again nothing special other than a scantily dressed girl. I can say there were some pretty freaky scary scenes but that’s it. If you watch it, I can only assume that there wasn’t anything else on. I mean it is still horror but I rate it 3.5/10 and that was being kind.

1 comment:

  1. I think we are sailing on the same boat. I can't stand horror films as they are all the same to me. Yes there will always be some intense and random scary moments, but the plots and characters remain closely identical.
    The film was also produced by Michael Bay so that comes as no shock. By the sounds of it the movie needed more explosions.

    ReplyDelete