Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Movie Review - The Lost (2009) TV

Alright, I have a really good one for you. It's not really a horror but more of a thriller, could be considered crime mystery drama. The movie is called "The Lost" (2009) and it was a made for TV. Okay, I know what you’re thinking but I assure you this movie is decent.

The story follows a Psychologist Doctor; Kevin who is played by Armand Assante. He has just written a book explaining the connection of being sexually abused and the development of multiple personality disorder. A woman meets up with him to plea for help, actually more like blackmails him to help her sister in a mental institute as he may have misdiagnosed her 3 years prior. He later finds she has distinct personalities which go against symptoms of the disorder. With a little investigation uncovers the truth behind her mysterious illness while uncovering his dark past. I think I will stop there as I don't want to ruin it for you all.

The acting was fantastic, everyone played their part. Armand Assante, great as always. I say; hats off to Lacey Chabert who played Jane –the girl with multiple personalities. The story and dialogue was smart and intelligent. I’m a fan of psychology and found it to be interesting on other levels.

I was super impressed with this movie however, it did end abruptly which I did not like. I felt that it could have been tied up a bit better. So I give it my approval rating of 6.5/10

1 comment: