Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Movie Review - Night Skies (2007)

I can’t be sure about alien abduction films but one thing for sure; they are creepy. It is the unknown that we fear. With that said, I just finished watching "Night Skies" (2007).

This movie is supposed to be a reenactment of an alien abduction -something called ‘The Phoenix Lights’. The acting overall was mediocre at best and the only actor worthy to note is Jason Connery (who is the son of Sean Connery) but even his performance was a bit of a disappointment.

It involves a few 20 something’s going on a trip to Las Vegas in a motor home. They soon get lost on a woodsy back road which was supposed to be a short cut. Their motor home then encounters a stranded truck and its driver (by smashing into it). Some passengers are hurt and help must be found. Things start to shake up when the aliens release their havoc. Need I say more?

The movie pace was a little slow to build. While waiting, I was subject to boring cliché lines read by second rate actors. Once the film got going it didn't take too long for me to get scared. There's nothing like blurred images of grey aliens running, popping head shots and of course the constant clicking. The camera work was alright, lots of POV shots helped create the mood to freak me out.

After watching this film I had an alien induced dream that night. I’m sure I wasn’t abducted but still felt odd. So, although I was deeply touched by this flick, it still lacked a decent story. Yes, I agree that it is a reenactment but still it was poorly done. I felt like I was watching a soap or TV movie so I rate it 4/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment