Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Movie Review - Dead Meat (2004)


What a busy weekend, just finished the film “Dead Meat” (2004). I did like this movie. The title suggests gore to me and in fact made my friends and family cringe when I told them that I was watching it. It was what I expected it to be, a gore fest.

The story unfolds in the Irish countryside where mad cow disease makes its way to humans and re animates them as flesh eating zombies. Although the idea of mad cow flesh eating zombies is unique, it does stay true to form of what you would expect from a zombie survival adventure… perhaps a bit of a cliché. Nonetheless, bloody fun.

The zombies depicted are very typical. The gore was pretty good and the acting was alright (it’s always better with an Irish accent though or with any accent for that matter). The dialogue and characters provided a bit of comic relief that helped keep the movie from being not too serious. The camera work was just amazing; pans, pull outs, close-ups all helped solidify the mood of the scenes. I can’t say I was gasping, but the movie kept my attention.

I would definitely recommend watching this. This is a decent zombie flick being worthy to show up in my collection. I give it 8/10. Decent. Definetly something that should be watched. Anyone seen this ?

1 comment:

  1. This whole movie was unheard of. From the actors to Production Company, but boy was I surprised.
    The opening scene where the cow attacks the farmer I will admit I was laughing because seriously WTF a cow attacking and brutally killing someone?
    Anyway I continued to watch and I'm glad I did. The budget for the movie was low as you can easily tell just minutes in to the opening scene. However as you already wrote in your review the camera work was top notch. Easily the best because that’s pretty much the only thing that impressed me about the production.
    The gore and unique ways in which the characters killed the attacking zombies were comical and added a laugh at times.
    I found the zombies to be very tame and slow moving, comparable to night of the living dead.
    For sure a great recommendation and a must watch for anyone into the zombie genre.

    ReplyDelete