Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Movie Review - Brain Dead / Dead Alive (1992)


I'm not sure I agree with the saying 'less is better', but when it comes to gore, the more gore -- the better. What I'm referring to is the flick "Braindead / Dead Alive" (1992). Now, I've been meaning to see this for a while and can't believe I hadn't. This movie is supposed to be a cult classic, I would like to think that most avid horror fans would have already seen it. So I won't go into any detail but it is definitely a celebration of carnage.

The gore is top notch. Wow ! This movie is funny as hell too. The comedy overwrites the fact that it's gore and so you can't help but laugh instead of puke. The scenes are very graphic. The story itself is not bad, but of course it had potential to be better but that would mean less gore and more talk. You will spend the last 40 minutes with your mouth open in amazement. In short, it's a piece of art.

I can't believe that this movie was directed by Peter Jackson. Who would have thought that just 10 years later he would be giving us the most amazing complex story ever imagined...with "Lord Of the Rings". I suppose everyone has their beginnings but how he was able to do it is a bit of a mystery.

Being that it is a cult favorite. I am not rating it. If you like gore, watch it. It's there. I liked it for what it was and happy I did. In any case, I highly recommend viewing this movie, not for the story but the sheer enjoyment of maximum visual stimulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment