Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Movie Review - Undead (2003)


In my humble opinion, British comedy is considered the apex. In all my TV/movie watching, I have formulated that the British do it better and with more style. Canada is one of the only countries that gets it and it's evident in their wholly produced productions. However, the United States perception of comedies lack the subtle humour and well written scripts that are played out in British productions. I think It's interesting to note that some well known sitcoms/series are carbon copies with established roots in Britain.

That said, I recently watched “Undead” (2003). This movie hails from down under but as far as I'm concerned Australia has ties with Britain and it shows. This movie was released here in North America as well but I had never heard of it. The title intrigued me. Could it be another zombie flick ?

Upon viewing, I soon discovered it was a zombie horror adventure comedy about surviving. Surprised and delighted, I was so impressed. I found the movie to be heavily influenced by the "Evil Dead" series and contained elements reminiscent of the "Night of the Living Dead" series. In fact, it may have been the inspiration for fight scenes and subtle humor to the hit zombie horror comedy “Shaun of the Dead”. (2004). In any case, this movie is chalk full of fun.

I won’t give away any of the story line on this one, you will have to watch it. I assure that you will be pleasantly surprised. The story line is a bit weak but is interesting enough to keep your attention. I will say this; this movie is filled with the usual cheese and even introduces alien intervention. I rate this movie 7.5/10. This movie is definitely worth watching if not to see the references of cult classics within.

No comments:

Post a Comment